Almost everyone knows what the customizer is, a useful feature, introduced few versions ago, for customizing the blog with a live preview. It’s a really powerful tool!
Unfortunately the WP development team decided to dismiss the classic admin pages for the custom header and custom background in favor of the customizer (as described in this article: WordPress 4.1 to Remove Custom Background and Header Admin Screens).
I say “unfortunately” because it affects two of our themes: Fastfood and Shiword. Both themes use a modified page for handling their complex custom backgrounds. Moreover Fastfood adds an additional feature (the header slider) to the custom header page.
Those admin pages are now gone forever… well, not actually. They’re simply hidden and apparently unattainable.
We’re working hard to update our themes to be fully compatible with the customizer, but until then, here’s a small plugin for getting back the links to the classic admin pages for the header and the background:
TB Old-fashioned Header and Background
Don’t worry, the plugin does nothing but adding some few css rules to the admin side 😉
Version 0.36 of Fastfood theme comes with a lot of changes/additions/deletions.
Let’s see what’s new…
TBCrew , 25 September 2012
Fastfood 0.33 has just been released!!!
Changes from version 0.32.2:
- Breadcrumb NavXT native support
- “quote selected text” function
- filter for adding/customizing theme options
- YFrog added to the “Follow me” widget
- WP Multibyte Patch excerpt length support (thanks to gdgd_hirahira)
- WP-Paginate native support
Fastfood 0.32.2 has just been released!!!
Changes from version 0.32.1:
- mobile detection
- increased compatibility with WP3.4
Fastfood 0.28.2 has just been released!!!
New theme features from version 0.27:
- Options for post/page details management
- Qzone, WindowsLive, Odnoklassniki and VKontakte services added to “Social Links” widget
Fastfood 0.27 has just been released!!!
New theme features from version 0.21:
- floating comment form is now draggable
- child theme friendly
- custom template “One column, no sidebar”
- option for showing content or excerpt in posts overview
- inline post expander
- gallery preview on fly
- 2 custom widgets ( “Besides…”, “Recent Posts in Category” )
- “status” format support
- page 404 can be enriched with some useful widgets
- new 5 cool header images
- customizable links color
- customizable header height
- share links on posts/pages
- Weibo (aka Sine) and Tencent services added to “Social Links” widget
- new custom background page (now with the position-x missing option)
- option for disabling the navigation bar
Fastfood 0.21 has just been released!!!
New theme features from version 0.16:
- Mobile dedicated style (touchscreen friendly)
- editor-style support
- Paginated comments
- Three new widgets (“Popular Post”, “Last Activity” and “Latest comment authors”)
- Option for disable/enable mini login form in quickbar
- New header image (“abstract”)
- Post formats support (“aside”, “gallery”) (can be disabled/enabled in theme option)
- Two new widgets (“Social Links” and “Popular Categories”)
- More integrated style for wp admin bar (can be disabled/enabled in theme option)
- Two new menus, one on top of page and one above the footer widget area
- “rtl” language support
- New contact methods in user profile (Twitter, Facebook)
- New header image (“orange stripes”)
- Linked header image (can be disabled/enabled in theme option)